Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Update on my novel - I, Vladimir



Hi all,

I’d like to thank you all for being so patient and for having such interest in my vampire novel, I Vladimir. So many of my good friends ask me about my writing and my novel, how I’m getting along with it, but mostly, when will it be released?
I always give the same answer – we’re still editing, and then I smile.

To be honest, editing is not really the correct term it’s more of a rewrite, but we’ve all heard that well known phrase Writing is Rewriting.  Together with the advice of my publisher and editor, we’ve decided to change the personalities of the two main characters which is a lot more work than it sounds. Like a domino effect, each piece changed effects the next and so on. The experience has been fantastic, I have continued to learn, and my writing has grown along with it. All of which I have used in the writing of my second novel – Anonymous Jack.

I am lucky enough to have a fantastic publisher and editor at Gentry Publishing, and together we are working very hard on getting my novel ready for its release in 2015. We are taking the time needed to get it right, because you only get the opportunity to release a debut novel once.

All the best and again, thank you,
Daniel Kaye x

8 comments:

  1. So looking forward to it's release Daniel, can't wait to have it in my hand. I so enjoyed your collection of short stories, Eleventh Hour, brilliant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the work of rewriting! It sounds like you have a mammoth task ahead of you... (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be ready to preorder. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa, we're all getting excited here.

      Delete